It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get base artifact links to show up in a module

Brad Kile (132) | asked Apr 15 '20, 2:16 a.m.
Warning: I'm a newbie to DOORS NG, read and watched far too many YouTubes and Help files on links.

I created base artifact links and can't see them when I tried to create a module. E.G I linked artifact "A" to one artifact B, then B to many sub-artifacts C1,C2, C3 etc.  I then created a module to create a view that showed the links, but the base links did not appear in the module.  So I created new links within the module and the module view showed up how I expected.

I had assumed according to the IBM and Jazz help that base artifact links always remain with the artifact no matter which module they are in, and links created in modules are only available in the context of the module.  All good but I cannot see the base artifact links when I create the module?

Any ideas where my logic is flawed and/or I'm mis-undertsanding or driving the tool improperley?

Regards,
BJ.

One answer

permanent link
Carol Watson (71016) | answered Apr 15 '20, 9:26 a.m.

Hi BJ, 

Which version are you running?  In 6.0.6 there was a change to automatically include links to base artifacts in Module views.  If you're on a prior version there's an icon you must click to "include links to base artifacts".

Regards, 
Carol

Comments
Brad Kile commented Apr 15 '20, 7:10 p.m.
Thanks Carol,

we have 6.0.2, that button helps me see them; but I realise I am not linking correctly anyway.

Cheers,
Brad.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.