It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC A floating license could not be acquired due to a problem communicating with the server

Jono Copper (134) | asked Apr 06 '20, 2:36 a.m.

We're getting the following errors with connection to the license server from RTC. We're running both license/RTC on the same server and they are reporting as connected from the RTC portal. I can also view license info fine from License Key Management. Has anyone experienced something similar?

2020-04-06 00:48:47,373 [http-bio-443-exec-111 @@ 00:36 jcopper <Initial Page Load@aeb98943-5620-4041-8c6d-a810f6926b35> /jazz/web]  WARN .team.repository.servlet.AbstractTeamServerServlet  - CRJAZ1163I LicenseNotGrantedException processing GET request for com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.license.ILicenseRestService.getAssertLicense(). CRJAZ1170I The request was made by user "ccm_user" from "CLDPRAT01LV".CRJAZ1166I The stack trace hash is 75683FB08C81EEB1BEB0C6C14002ADE37AA94EFD.
com.ibm.team.repository.common.LicenseNotGrantedException: CRJAZ1263I A floating license could not be acquired due to a problem communicating with the server.
Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

An error response was received from the Jazz Team Server. Status=400.  Message: CRJAZ1263I A floating license could not be acquired due to a problem communicating with the server.
Caused by: com.ibm.team.process.common.advice.TeamOperationCanceledException: 'Save Project Area' failed. Missing required license.

Floating License Server This server is connected to license server at https://jazz.ncl.com/jts/.
This server is a Floating License Server (2 Floating License types installed).

RTC Version: 5.0.2

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Apr 07 '20, 2:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please contact support for this. I don't see that anyone will be able to help with this based on the information given.

One answer

permanent link
KrishnaKanth Naik (76511015) | answered Apr 07 '20, 9:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

@Jono

I would also suggest opening a ticket with support with the following details in the ticket:

1) goto jts/admin -> users and check for the licenses assigned  to the user ccm_user.
** This is a functional user and is not supposed to be granted any floating licenses. If this user is being user by any other integration, that needs the user to have any floating licenses, please have that changed over to a valid user with the required Floating licenses assigned to the user.
2) Is the issue seen after updating to the latest ifix, is it still seen if you revert to the older ifix.

Please note: 5.0.2 is no longer in Active support, You might be asked by support to upgrade to later versions unless you have extended support contract.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.