It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG 6.0.6 - Is there a workaround if someone deletes a module's base artifact folder?

Carol Watson (71015) | asked Oct 21 '19, 3:14 p.m.

A user inadvertently deleted the base artifacts folder for a module.  While the module still looks the same, and the base artifact is still accessible via Search (if you know the ID), as far as I can tell it's no longer stored in a place where a user could insert it into another module.  Since DNG doesn't have an undelete feature, we consider the base artifacts as our 'backup' should they accidentally remove artifacts from modules and need to add them back (we remove permission to permanently delete module artifacts from all roles).

Since the module is small, I can just recreate it, but am wondering if there's another alternative available?

To make sure this doesn't happen again, I've now removed the Delete Folder permission from all roles as well!

Thanks,
Carol

Accepted answer

permanent link
Diana Kraaijeveld (56227) | answered Oct 22 '19, 2:59 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Carol,

It should normally not be possible to delete base artifacts when they still reside in a module (you will get a message saying so)
So when you say that the artifacts can still be found using the quick search, this means that they are not actually deleted, but likely reference a folder that no longer exists (hence can not be found in the folder structure)
Support has a tool called 'FolderIntegrity tool' that enables you to place these artifacts back into a valid folder.
I advice that you open a ticket with support with this information.

Kind regards,
Diana
Carol Watson selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Carol Watson commented Oct 22 '19, 9:11 a.m.

Hi Diana,

Yes, they deleted the folder in which the base artifacts resided, so you are correct.

Thanks for the tip about the FolderIntegrity tool!

Regards,
Carol 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.