It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Reading User Credential from a DNG Widget

Vaibhav S (106247) | asked Sep 25 '19, 10:31 p.m.
edited Sep 26 '19, 2:00 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)

Hi,

I have created a Stand-Alone Executable Java Code. This Runnable Jar I am calling from a Button Click of a DNG Widget(deployed by me).

As of now I am using a Login Window to capture the user credential. On Widget button Click my Utility executes and a Login form pops up asking for the credentials.

Now i want to use the credentials entered by user for DNG Login Window for my Utility also. How do i capture those DNG Login credentials so i can pass them on to my Utility.

Please let me know if someone has created such scenario.

Thanks
Vaibhav

One answer

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k241145) | answered Sep 26 '19, 2:34 a.m.
Hi Vaibhav,

If the user is invoking the utility from a widget inside DNG then they already have a valid DNG session running within that browser context.

There should be no need to login to DNG.

The widget will execute its task and respect the access controls that have been granted to the user who is running the widget within that DNG session within that browser.

Comments
Vaibhav S commented Sep 26 '19, 3:29 a.m.

Hi Sean,

Thanks for the Response.

My Java Utility is not linked to the DNG Widget. It is stored on my Local Machine and is only Triggered from DNg Widget on a Button Click.

Hence the session is not carried out to my utility, So when the Utility execution starts it looks for Credentials which i am providing through a login form as of now.

I need to capture the credentials and send it to my Utility once it gets Triggered.

Please see to it.

Thanks again for the response.
Vaibhav

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.