It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

QM-custom atribute- how to change from Text (Small) to Text (Medium) type

Thao Nguyen (37334) | asked Jun 18 '19, 11:24 p.m.

Hello,

When i create Custom attribute (called ATT-1) for Test Case Execution Record (TCER) with type : Text (Small) for test leads to provide note before tester starting test  
  (to create custom attribute: go to Manage Project Properties-Custom attribute)

However, i figure out that this type only allows 255 character, and with type Text (Medium), it allows 1000 characters
And I would like to change type of current attribute (ATT-1) from Text (Small) to Text (Medium)

Do you have any advices to current attribute type? Or i need to create a new custom attribute with type Text (Medium)?

2 answers

permanent link
Ara Masrof (3.2k15) | answered Jun 19 '19, 6:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thao,

Once a Custom Attribute is created/saved, you can no longer edit its 'Type' property.
In your scenario you would need to create a new Custom Attribute with the Type property value you need 

Comments
Thao Nguyen commented Jun 19 '19, 9:33 p.m.

Yes, thanks Ara. I created new attribute however TCER view needs to look at 2 attributes when i review TCERs which have first and second attribute

Do you think it makes sense to be able to change this type to reuse custom attribute?

permanent link
Thao Nguyen (37334) | answered Jan 05 '20, 11:38 p.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.