It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Migrate SCM Components from RTC 2.0 to RTC 6.0.6

Kiran A (31251) | asked Jun 10 '19, 1:37 a.m.
retagged Jun 28 '19, 10:55 a.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Hi Team, 

We need to migrate some of the SCM stream components from RTC running in RTC 2.0 with history to the new RTC 6.0.6. Please assist us on how to go forward for the same.

Regards,
Kiran

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 26 '20, 7:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 26 '20, 7:13 a.m.
The summary answer how to migrate RTC SCM data from RTC 2.0 (or 3.x, 4.x, 5.x) to a newer version is:

1. The only option to migrate the data with history is to upgrade to that server version. E.g. to RTC 6.0.6 migrate to RTC 3.x then to RTC 4.x, then to RTC 5.x and then to RTC 6.0.6.
  2. If the history is not required, it is possible to load the data to disc into a sandbox, disconnect that from SCM and manually re-share the data into SCM
  3. It would be possible to write automation to do the data export and import. I have written an internal tool that could potentially be useful. However I am not sure if it would even work against RTC 2 (API, Java Version, etc) and if the libraries needed would be available. An attempt would be a service engagement.
  4. In some rare occasions distributed SCM could be used to replicate (with history) but that is only possible if the RTC version supports distributed SCM and if the versions are compatible with respect to distributed SCM.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13177) | answered Jun 10 '19, 9:22 a.m.

Hi Kiran,

I think you have only option left is to upgrade or as an workaround you have to have a new 606 installation with new code imported and needs to replicate the same stream and code strucutre ( no history will be available)

Regards,
Arun.

Comments
Kiran A commented Jun 11 '19, 1:22 a.m.

Hi Arun, 

Thank you for the reply.

Is there a way to take out only particular component changeset and files?

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 11 '19, 2:12 a.m.

The only way to migrate SCM data with history, I am aware of, is by using distributed SCM. When using Distributed SCM, it is your choice which component you migrate.

See

permanent link
sayo singh (177) | answered May 26 '20, 6:50 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

whatever approach you suggested is it possible to use for RTC 2.0 as customer is having this old version.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 26 '20, 6:59 a.m.

Consider writing your own question. The only way to get from RTC 2.0 to any other RTC version is to uprade the existing server to that version.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.