It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can an admin promote a private view to a shared view?

David Clark (2341150) | asked Apr 24 '19, 3:37 p.m.

I would like to promote a couple of private views that were create to shared views. Is there an easy way to do this? - other than promoting the individual for a time window and allowing them to promote the view?

2 answers

permanent link
Carol Watson (71015) | answered Apr 24 '19, 4:08 p.m.

Hi David,

What I do is create a Role of Team Admin and enable the permission to save Shared Views.  Your workaround is the only way I know of to change a personal view to shared.  If you created a separate role and enabled only the additional Shared View permission it would be less risky than applying full Admin authority.

Regards,

Carol

permanent link
Carol Watson (71015) | answered Apr 24 '19, 4:08 p.m.

Hi David,

What I do is create a Role of Team Admin and enable the permission to save Shared Views.  Your workaround is the only way I know of to change a personal view to shared.  If you created a separate role and enabled only the additional Shared View permission it would be less risky than applying full Admin authority.

Regards,

Carol

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.