It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Java API : accept and WorkspaceUpdateDilemmaHandler - documentaion other than Java API ?

Gidi Gal (962058) | asked Apr 07 '19, 10:51 a.m.
I'm writing an automation that receives list of files in file system (in RTC sandbox), finds the related incoming change-sets and then accepts these change-sets. I wrote a prototype, based on com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.operations.IWorkspaceUpdateOperation and com.ibm.team.filesystem.client.operations.WorkspaceUpdateDilemmaHandler. Now I'm reviewing WorkspaceUpdateDilemmaHandler and trying to map all the scenarios that could go wrong, so I can decide how to react to each scenario. Is there a documentation that can help with the list of erroneous scenarios ? How to create these scenarios ? For example, how do I create "stale data" ? Is n-way conflict relevant to the kind of accept I'm using, or it is relevant only for accepting baselines ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Apr 08 '19, 2:47 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is no other documentation, we only have the Javadoc.
You may have to ask each question separately in the hopes to get answers.

Q: stale data:
A: Stale data might happen if you have multiple clients operating against the same repository workspace (which is a workflow that we do not support) - often you will see this manifest in the Pending Changes view as an 'out of sync' state. But when the operations or other API run, the server would throw a StaleDataException if we are passing in data which has since changed in the server.

Q: n-way conflict
This only happens when accepting a baseline.
WarnWorkspaceUpdate shows that the dialog shown to user says:

"Accepting the baseline from component ''{0}'' will cause too many conflicts in your repository workspace
 because of change set reordering.
Do you want a merge change set to be created that can resolve these conflicts?"

Gidi Gal selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.