It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

All available access groups RTC!

Thien Tai (11) | asked Mar 17 '19, 12:33 a.m.

I am trying to get all the existing access groups from RTC using java API but only the first 250 results are always returned.I have tried using both getAccessGroups and IAccessGroupClientService but both are returning the same 250 results.Is there any other way to get all the available access groups at once? Also a filter which enables me to get the access group UUID using access group name is also welcome.Many thanks in advance! 

One answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Mar 17 '19, 9:16 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 17 '19, 9:20 p.m.
You could call IAccessGroupService.getAvailableAccessGroups, which allows you to pass in a value for 'maxResults'... but I think in the end it will be a max of IQueryService.ITEM_QUERY_MAX_PAGE_SIZE, which is 512. Do you really expect to have more than 512 access groups on your server?

I did a search and found that this request is tracked here:
Please up-vote this and add a comment to raise awareness of this one

In the mean time, I wonder if you could do something fancy with the 'filter' argument call for that API.. such as using "a*", and "b*", etc... (yes I realize this is a really really horrible and inefficient way to find all access groups that start with 'a - z'... but if you need to determine this information extremely rarely it might work, as I'm not aware of any other API that would let you find all of them.)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.