It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

You asked DOORS API extension for requirement metrics RM sever help

Erik Herrmann (1515) | asked Mar 07 '19, 4:23 p.m.

Hello,

I was recently asked to provide requirements metrics that are identical to the metrics contained in this thread. This is what I am ultimately trying to do in DNG
www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/threadTopic?id=77777777-0000-0000-0000-000014428929

However, my application is using DNG, so DXL scripts like the example cannot be used. Once I learned this, I read a ton of articles similar to this one that recommend using RM extensions. I even followed along for the Hello World example.

I seem to be getting stuck while setting up a web server to host my extensions per the instructions in the hosting guide. 

My company does not currently use web extensions and I dont have Jazz admin rights to change the existing server configuration. It would be preferred that I create my own server as a sandbox area until I have something worth publishing. 

I followed the instructions for the Apache server and was able to successfully host the helloworld example in a web browser. But this same link did not work in the mini dashboard as the tutorial shows. 

Not sure where to go from here. If more info is needed, I would be happy to provide. I have read a ton of info and seem to still be missing something. I'm throwing out a hail mary to anyone out there who might have some experience in this realm. 

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 08 '19, 4:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
But this same link did not work in the mini dashboard as the tutorial shows.  

Is not useful information. An information about errors and such would be helpful. 
Things you want to look into is SSL certificates, if you use SSL and maybe whitelists in the advanced attributes.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.