It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can I use layout DXL to pull in EITHER the status of the object which it is linked to (if it has a PUID assigned, or is an IVV Procedure object type), or the next object above the linked object which has a PUID/is an IVV Procedure (for test steps).

Andrew Keaveney (111) | asked Feb 15 '19, 4:12 a.m.

Hi All,

So I have a bunch of requirements that are linked to IVV Events in a dedicated IVV module. (For info, I am using the RMF Framework).

For tests, I have linked requirements to the IVV Event under which they will be verified, so that I can see the traceability in the VCRI view of the Requirements module.

In the IVV module, for functional requirements,, I have added several objects which are the steps of the test are listed, underneath the test name. These steps are currently unlinked. Most of the steps are pertinent to one or more requirements, eg. Step 5 will sell off requirement X, but requirement X is only linked to the title of the test, not the step.

The problem with this is that I will lose granularity in knowing which steps of the test have passed. At the moment, the VCRI views of the Requirements module view only looks at the status of the test title. If a single requirement fails in the test, I do not want all requirements of the test to show as failed in the SSS.

The test titles are marked at 'IVV Procedures', and therefore have a PUID. The test steps are not/do not. Another complication is that there are IVV procedure objects in the module that do not have test steps below - it is sufficient to only have the single object for the verification - eg. in the case of a document delivery.

Therefore, I want to use layout DXl to pull in EITHER the status of the object which it is linked to (if it has a PUID assigned, or is an IVV Procedure object type), or the next object above the linked object which has a PUID/is an IVV Procedure (for test steps).

One answer

permanent link
Sean F (1.3k243149) | answered Feb 15 '19, 7:26 a.m.
edited Feb 15 '19, 7:28 a.m.
Hi Andrew,

If you are using DXL in DOORS 9 then there is a different forum for that product.

There is no DXL in DNG.

Even if there were DXL it would still be more difficult or impossible in DNG since module hierarchy is not as rigid a concept in DNG.

Module hierarchy is implemented as a presentation layer only in DNG so the notion of parent/child object(artifact) is, in general, less accessible or reportable..

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.