It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to enforce work item one parameter to depend on another parameter?

Tanveer Zubair (21213) | asked Feb 06 '19, 10:08 a.m.
edited Feb 07 '19, 2:45 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
I am creating or changing a work item and like to enforce one parameter change value to another parameter.

Example 1:  I am changing parameter "Planed For" and like to enforce to change "Owner" parameter.
Also, would it also be possible to populate the choice of owner based on "Planed For:" parameter?

Example 2:  I am changing the Status parameter from Development to Testing and like to force to change the Owner parameter.

Also, how to make work item parameters a mandatory parameter?

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 07 '19, 5:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Interesting, I forgot the Precondition Implied Attributes that does a little bit based on state change and changes of the category that force team area changes. 

Tanveer Zubair selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Tanveer Zubair commented Feb 07 '19, 4:11 p.m.

Thanks Ralph.    

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 07 '19, 2:50 a.m.

Calculated values could theoretically be used. The links from https://jazz.net/forum/questions/260479/how-to-auto-fill-work-item-parameters all apply. Note that 

• The calculated value interferes with manual selection that means it has to return the current value if the value must not change
  • The JavaScript API is limited in the attribute types supported and for complex types such as owner, you have to use UUID's
  • All this stuff has performance implications

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Feb 07 '19, 2:52 a.m.

Note that I personally think it is not a good idea to remove the owner when changing the planned for. In the long run the users will probably not be trilled by that. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.