It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to move Test Cases and associated TCERs and Test Results etc to a new Test Plan?

Paul Goldberg (815) | asked Feb 06 '19, 6:31 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Feb 06 '19, 10:03 a.m.
Is there any easy way to move TCs and associated TCERs and Results to a new test plan?

We have a project which has now been split out into 2 projects and we need to create a new Test Plan but I need to retain a number of TCs (executions etc etc) that exist in the current test plan and move them into the new test plan.
Is there an easy way to do this?

I'm not even sure if this is possible?

Thanks
Paul

One answer

permanent link
Krupa Gunhalkar (4512) | answered Feb 07 '19, 2:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Paul,
Its possible.

See RQM Copy Utility tool usage : https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMCopyUtility

Hope this helps,
Krupa Gunhalkar

Comments
Paul Goldberg commented Feb 07 '19, 6:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

So this copy utility will copy the a select amount of Test Cases (incl the associated TCERs, Test Results, links to defects, stories etc etc) into the new Test Plan.

The problem as i see it is that I have Test Cases we have already run and they all have a related Test Result. I can change the Test Plan for the Test Case Execution Record but if a Test Result exists for that TCER then I cannot change the Test Plan.

I need to move it all over, Test Result included to the new Test Plan.

Thanks
Paul

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.