It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How can you copy a workitem into a different project area using the java server API?

Shawn Carroll (36413) | asked Feb 05 '19, 12:37 p.m.
I'm trying to create a server extension that will copy of a workitem into a different project area on a work item save.

Right now I'm creating a new workitem, filling out the fields with data, and then using the ServerCopyToProjectOperation class to save it into a different project area. This was working fine on our 6.0.1 servers, but when the extension was moved to our 6.0.5 server, we started getting NoSuchMethodError with this class. Is there a different way to do this? I know the RTC client has the option to copy a workitem into a different project area but I don't know how to actually access that functionality from the server api.

This is the snippet of code I'm currently using:
        IWorkItemReferences workItemReferences = wiServer.resolveWorkItemReferences(newWI, null);
        WorkItemWrapper wiWrapper = new WorkItemWrapper(newWI, workItemReferences, null);
        ServerCopyToProjectOperation op = new ServerCopyToProjectOperation(targetArea, true, false, true);
        op.run(wiWrapper, wiServer, null, null);
        wiServer.saveWorkItem2(newWI, null, null);

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.