It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC compare change sets

Genaro Cerda (112) | asked Jan 25 '19, 1:24 p.m.
edited Jan 25 '19, 1:25 p.m.

I am comparing a workspace and a stream, and I am accepting all the new workitems, is there a way to get all the changesets and the file names that I haven't accepted using SCM compare? 

I am using RTC 6.0.6

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
David Lafreniere (4.8k7) | answered Jan 25 '19, 3:56 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you are using the RTC Eclipse client, you can compare the workspace and stream, which will open up the Change Explorer view. You can then use the view menu (down arrow icon at the top right on the menu bar for the Change Explorer view) and select Generate Change Log...
From there you can specify the amount of details you want, and then save the result in a file (this can include the work items / change sets / files, etc.)

Comments
Genaro Cerda commented Jan 25 '19, 5:07 p.m.

Hi, David. 

Do you think I can do that with a script , I need to do it with a MS DOS batch file. 
Thanks for the answer. 

Shashikant Padur commented Jan 27 '19, 10:33 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can use the scm command line:
scm compare workspace <workspace_name_or_uuid> stream <stream_name_or_uuid> -f i
You could specify the -j/--json option to print the output in json format. For more information run 'scm help compare'.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.