It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating a change control lifecycle in RTC?

Mary Miller (87124) | asked Dec 14 '18, 12:39 p.m.
Good day,

In the next few months, I am going to need to use a change control tool.  I see that RTC allows users to version control their software.  However, I am also looking for the ability to create a change control lifecycle wherein I use a Change Request (Problem Report or Enhancement), and a Change Proposal. 

I know that the Change Request and Change Proposals can be customized in IBM Rational Change.  Can the same features be done through RTC or is RTC more of a project management tool?

Thanks!

Mary

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ulf Arne Bister (1.3k413) | answered Dec 16 '18, 6:17 a.m.

Mary,

yes, the same can be done in RTC. In fact, it is a core capability of RTC, tightly coupled with its SCM, Build and project management capabilities.

You can find an overview of the work item capabilities here: https://jazz.net/library/article/1003
In addition RTC has many ways to customize and enforce process, either by built-in pre- and post action triggers or with strong integrations into e.g. process management tools such as Stages.

If this answers your question please mark it as accepted,
Arne

Mary Miller selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.