It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get nil value in RPE table

sreenath v (78680) | asked Nov 21 '18, 9:24 a.m.

How to print NIL value if the cell contain no value in RPE report

4 answers

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Nov 21 '18, 12:54 p.m.

Assign the data attribute to a variable and print the variable. Make sure you reset the variable to "NIL" each time.

Comments
sreenath v commented Nov 21 '18, 8:27 p.m.

If am using custom attribute and printing in a table , don't I want to write one code for that,to get Nil value when table is blank!? 

permanent link
sreenath v (78680) | answered Nov 21 '18, 11:26 p.m.

can you please share any sample template which prints Nil value when the cell contains no value while taking report

Comments
sreenath v commented Nov 27 '18, 10:35 a.m.

I have tried giving

if (title=="")
{
"Nil"
} but it's showing blank output

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Nov 27 '18, 1:02 p.m.
Hi Sreenath,

You should try the other way. That is, assign "Nil" to a variable first. Then assign the value of attribute to the variable. If attribute doesn't contain any value, variable will still have "Nil" value assigned, else the attribute value will be assigned. Print the variable.
Reset the variable to "Nil" every time so that "Nil" will be default value, that would be printed if attribute doesn't exist.

Comments
sreenath v commented Nov 27 '18, 8:47 p.m.

Thanks subramanya prasad

Could you please help me to resolve the error with the URL configuration of datasource when it navigate to different tool from DNG.!I have posted this question in forum and error also while generating. 

permanent link
sreenath v (78680) | answered Nov 27 '18, 11:10 p.m.
edited Nov 28 '18, 5:50 a.m.
About the NILvalue , i have created a variable and assigned default value NIL. After that i right clicked on the container Add assignments>>selected NIL and assigned workitem>workitem>children>id.After that on i selected Variable Nil.
Now i created a workitem in RTC and added 3 children workitem.it is printing all 3 workitem.But when i remove it,its is not showing nil. Is there anyhing i missed

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.