It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

dng reindex question

Mahari Hill (4861183230) | asked Oct 30 '18, 9:19 a.m.
Hello,
CLM605 no GCM

When listening to clients (pre-606 ifix003), I hear DNG admins talk of having to do multiple reindexes of DNG. To my knowledge, the server has to be down for this. Are admins bringing their DNG servers down multiple times a month or am I missing something? Does the reindex help performance?

thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Paul Ellis (1.3k613) | answered Oct 30 '18, 9:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 30 '18, 9:43 a.m.
Hi Mahari,

Repotools reindex is indeed a command that needs to be run with the main JVM/CLM instance offline. 

It is not a normal situation to have to reindex your Lucene index & it is certainly not normal to have to do this frequently.  If a client is having to reindex frequently then they should make use of backing up the index when it is known to be good.

discusses how you can make a backup of the index to be able to restore if necessary

For performance improvements you should see this technote for improving performance of the database.  A reindex is to correct any issues being reported due to an inconsistency with the index, such as Quick Search not finding artifacts.

Please let me know if you were looking for any other information,
Paul

Mahari Hill selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.