It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I create a report or query to show me when a user story has been in a state for a set number of days?

Kim Williams (56133) | asked Oct 18 '18, 12:08 p.m.

We have a metric where the product owners are supposed to approve their stories within 3 days of when they have been completed by the development team.  In our process template, the story is put into the "Done" state (state group is "In Progress") when the development team is done.  Within three days of that event, the Product Owners are supposed to approve the story and put it in the "Closed" state (state group is "Closed").  I need a report that tells me what stories have been in the done state for longer than three days. Or better, the report can tell me all of the stories and how many days they are in, but should highlight the ones that are over 3 days old.  Any ideas how to do this?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jackie Albert (1.6k14946) | answered Oct 22 '18, 10:09 a.m.
edited Oct 22 '18, 10:10 a.m.

You should be able to build this report in Report Builder by using the "Work Item Status History" option under the 'Choose an Artifact' section.

From there, you'll find the "Days in State" choice to both filter on and display, which sounds like it meets what you're looking for.

Kim Williams selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kim Williams commented Oct 22 '18, 10:22 a.m.

Thanks for the info!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.