It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Set a tag using Calculated Values script

Gil Br (1014) | asked Jul 24 '18, 9:06 a.m.
I'm trying to set a default/dynamic tag based on work-item type using Calculated Values script

I tried this code:

// IWorkItem workItem = workingCopy.getWorkItem();

List<string style="box-sizing: border-box;"> tags = workItem.getTags2();
tags.add("NewTag");
workItem.setTags2(tags);</string>
<string style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 13px;">
<string style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 13px;"> This is the error: </string>
</string>
com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: Unexpected exception type at com.ibm.team.workitem.shared.common.internal.valueProviders.ScriptAttributeValueProvider.handleException(ScriptAttributeValueProvider.java:281) at com.ibm.team.workitem.shared.common.internal.valueProviders.ScriptAttributeValueProvider.getValue(ScriptAttributeValueProvider.java:69) at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.attributeValueProviders.AttributeValueProviderRegistry$SafeValueProvider.getValue(AttributeValueProviderRegistry.java:44) at com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.model.impl.AttributeImpl.getValue(AttributeImpl.java:899) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor147.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:56) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:620) at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.util.ItemStore$ItemInvocationHandler.invoke(ItemStore.java:597) at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy47.getValue(Unknown Source) at com.ibm.team.workitem.client.internal.DependencyHandler$Worker.runProtected(DependencyHandler.java:51) at com.ibm.team.foundation.client.util.FoundationJob.run(FoundationJob.java:68) at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:53) Caused by: org.mozilla.javascript.EcmaError: TypeError: Cannot find function setTags2 in object [object com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.scripting.WorkItemAPIType]. (settagsaos.js#17)
</string>
</string>
<string style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 13px;"> What did I do wrong? how can I create a tag using dojo script base code? </string>
</string>
<string style="box-sizing: border-box; font-size: 13px;">Gil</string>

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 25 '18, 11:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

For all I can tell you can not set a tag using JavaScript attribute customization.
You would need to use a Java based attribute customization or a server side extension.
Note that default values are pretty much useless for your purpose, because the default value for a specific type is useless as you can change the type later and the default will not.

Gil Br selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 24 '18, 11:15 a.m.

The code you refer to is code for the Plain Java Client Libraries and not for the JavaScript API. This is the information for attribute customization: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization you basically have setValue() and that is it.

I have not tried, but the tag attributes expect a list of strings.

Comments
Gil Br commented Jul 24 '18, 11:52 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the prompt answer!

Tags is of type List

This still fails:

getValue: function(attribute, workItem, configuration) {
// return ["SAOS"]; //fails with: Error running operation 'Creating Work Item'
java.lang.String incompatible with java.util.Collection
//Trying:
workItem.setValue(attribute, ["SAOS"]); 

This is the error:
TypeError: Cannot find function setValue in object [object 
com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.scripting.WorkItemAPIType]. 

Trying to add:
setValue: function(attribute, workItem, configuration) {
//Also fails to run

Please advise
Gil

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 24 '18, 12:19 p.m.

Sorry, I can't. Not sure how that should work. For API examples read https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AttributeCustomization
For some additional examples read

Last lab.

You could try to set a string as value and use a comma e.g. "tag1,tag2" or "tag1 tag2".

That is all I can do. I have no time to experiment.

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 24 '18, 2:27 p.m.

Gil Br commented Jul 25 '18, 8:47 a.m.
I have the SDK API working version, there it uses:

List<String> tags = workItem.getTags2(); 
tags.add("MyNewTag");
WorkItemWorkingCopy wcsrc = wcm.getWorkingCopy((IWorkItemHandle) workItem.getItemHandle());
wcsrc.getWorkItem().setTags2(tags);

I need the Dojo script Calculated Values script based version for returning or converting a string to a collection (the type of Tags).
Is there any other way to set a default tag per work-item type? 
I like to identify a work-item that has been moved from one Project Area to another.

Any thoughts ideas are welcome
Gil

Ralph Schoon commented Jul 25 '18, 9:42 a.m.

I doubt you can even detect a work item is moved (versus just created) in the JavaScript Attribute customization.
It might be possible to detect that in a follow up action.

Gil Br commented Jul 25 '18, 10:49 a.m.

My thought was to set a tag to the work-item before the move and detect it by the tag after the move. The work-item is created in the original Project Area as a child work-item and with a unique type so I wanted every such work item type to have a mark, tag in this case. Is there a way to set a default tag to a specific work-item type (e.g. task) either from script or from Default Values?

Gil

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.