It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

SCM: Load from a load rule file

Kiran A (31560) | asked Jul 19 '18, 10:18 a.m.
edited Aug 16 '18, 1:56 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

Hello Team, 

In SCM, there are different ways to load a components but I am bit confused with the "Load from a load rule file" option https://jazz.net/library/article/1016 I gone through this link and got to know how to load the loadrule file using "Load from a load rule file" option. Can anyone give me a brief note on "Load from a load rule file" and in what circumstances this option will give hand?

Regards,
Kiran

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jul 20 '18, 12:18 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Some of the scenarios where you want to use a load rule are:

- you want multiple users to be able to load the workspace for a stream the same way (in this case, you would checkin the load rule into some component in that stream)
- the same user wants to be able to load different workspaces the same way (in this case, you could store the load rule as a file on the user's local file system, but checking it into some component is recommended, so it can be used on different file systems, and potentially by other users)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.