It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE How to add in Custom Artifacts from DNG and Format Headings in RPE

Matt Muller (59813674) | asked May 25 '18, 6:54 a.m.

Hi,

I've managed to connect Data Source Schema for DNG Module and DNG Text and use these to extract Rqmt Titles/ and RichTextBody...  so I'm getting data into a report which is very good.  I was happy that I can connect to a Global Config, Module URI and export data into a Word Style sheet.

My next two tasks are:

1) Custom artifact Type - Add in more information to my report from a custom DNG Template (Columns from DNG 6.0.4) however this is not that clear.  I Preview the Data Source I can't see the Custom Attributes data which has been entered into the module in DNG?  I've look at lots of blogs / questions but it's not that clear.  Any help would be appreciated.

2) Format Headings - I have managed to add a condition against "isHeading=="true" and then have a report which lists all the headings and add the format from my Word Style sheet. This report doesn't list anything else only those headings.  So I have one report which downloads everything and another which downloads the headings but I need to Combine these...  how to add Formatting to "is Headings" on the full report.

Thanks appreciate any help - very new to all this.

Matt

One answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered May 25 '18, 7:59 a.m.

You may refer DNG_Module.dta in %rpe_home%\templates\DNG.
For retrieving custom attributes in RPE, you may refer https://jazz.net/forum/questions/253020/rpe-dng-how-can-i-access-a-custom-attribute-with-a-custom-data-type-from-dng-with-rpe#253202

Comments
Matt Muller commented May 25 '18, 9:19 a.m.

Hi,  ok I've had a look at those forum questions..  one thing that's odd is I don't see the Custom Attributes in the "Preview Data" from the Data Source.  Will look into my Schema URI.  How can I ensure that's correct?

Matt Muller commented May 25 '18, 10:19 a.m.

ok using a standard schema https://<<Server>>/rm/publish/text?metadata=schema I seem some custom attributes but not those I'm expecting.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.