It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

server rename fails

Joao Ramires (34419) | asked May 09 '18, 8:56 a.m.
retagged Sep 13 '19, 5:02 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)

Hi , I'm doing a server rename to create an additional environment , after the importURLMappings step (it terminates wit success) when I open new hostname /jts/serverRenameStatus.Logging it runs until stops at hostname /jts/serverRenameStatus#/steps/1

With CRJAZ2373E for /qm /rm and /admin and 100% for /ccm
Is there a way to go further with the rename?

It's v502 ifix 025 , with WAS App Server and DB2
Thanks
ps: how to upload an image here?

2 answers

permanent link
Daniel Barbour (250222) | answered May 09 '18, 2:55 p.m.
edited May 09 '18, 2:55 p.m.

The information you provided is not really sufficient to help - but you might consider the following:

1. Did you place a copy of the ImportURLMappings.activate file in each of the application \conf\<appname> folders before running the importURLMappings step? (there should be a .mappingEvent file in each of those folders after running the import step).
2. Were there any errors reported in the server rename log files (the logs produced when you ran the importURLMappings step)?
3.  You might also look through the info on this link: https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.jazz.install.doc/topics/c_server_rename_recovery_statusui.html

With respect to your question regarding the attachment of images - you must have a sufficient history with this site (answering/asking questions) before that becomes enabled - but I've found that the images are many times removed by the forum administrators (probably to save space).

Comments
Joao Ramires commented May 10 '18, 9:46 a.m.

Thanks for you suggestions , I just tried another importURLMappings with a copy ImportURLMappings.activate file in ...\conf\ccm and ...\conf\jts (I only have ccm and jts) I guess my problem is because /qm /rm and /admin applications . They existed in the past but not anymore.

The message I have in /jts/serverRenameStatus#/steps/1 is:

<red X> The server could not retrieve the server name status for application "/rm" . Please consult the log files for more details. ID CRJAZ2373E

I get the same message for "/qm" "/admin"

For "/ccm" I've a green check mark and a status bar 100% and for the Finalize Server Rename is 0%

Can I force ignore this non-existent applications?

Thanks

Daniel Barbour commented May 10 '18, 10:28 a.m.

Without knowing more details about your server setup I will hesitate to say you can ignore the error messages being reported via /jts/serverRenameStatus.  In fact, in my past experience, you will not be able to 'do' anything with the server until the server rename activities are considered to have successfully completed.

I am curious as to why you do not have /conf/rm or /conf/qm folders but server rename is reporting errors.  It 'sounds' like those applications ARE registered with jts on your original (pre-renamed) setup.  If so - they might be resident on different servers and the server rename must be performed on those servers as well. 

Joao Ramires commented May 11 '18, 7:31 a.m.

The setup its simple , only one AIX box with websphere App server and DB2 . There are no other servers involved. I agree with you the /rm and /qm applications don't exist but are registered in the original setup. How can I ignore the error messages reported via  /jts/serverRenameStatus ? The "Finish" button is greyed . Is there some flag / option to force the ignore error messages? 

Daniel Barbour commented May 11 '18, 9:01 a.m.

I don't think you 'can' ignore the error messages.  About the only thing I might suggest (if possible at this point in time) is to restore your original setup and first un-register those applications before trying the rename again. Barring that option I would suggest you open a service ticket.

Joao Ramires commented May 15 '18, 10:50 a.m.

I stated fro scratch , from the original setup I deleted the /rm /qm /admin applications . Did a database's backup , a restore them on the new box , change teamserver.properties files and the server rename operation run successfully.
Thanks for you help.

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Sep 09 '19, 11:25 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Just to clarify the details regarding the ImportURLMappings.activate.  This file only needs to be placed in the conf directory.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.