Jazz Forum Welcome to the Jazz Community Forum Connect and collaborate with IBM Engineering experts and users

Adding a changeset comment with spaces using lscm

Unable add a comment with white space to a changeset, even though I use quotes around the comment as the documentation suggests:

1641. lscm set changeset 1862 --comment "add new card type id to shared constants exports" --complete
Problem running 'set changeset':
Specified alias or UUID "new" is either not found or is invalid.

What am I doing wrong?

I am using RTC version 6.0.2, on bash on SUSE Linux.

0 votes



One answer

Permanent link

Christopher.. I tested here and I get "Change set comment has been set and marked as complete successfully." as a result of your lscm set changeset command. I am also using "" marks to indicate the start and finish of the comment. Is it possible that the "" mark in front of 'add' in your comment is not being recognized? If I remove the first double quotation mark as per below I get a very similar error message to you.

For example..
lscm" set changeset 1006 --comment add new hello there" --complete
Problem running 'set changeset':
Specified alias or UUID "new" is either not found or is invalid.

0 votes

Your answer

Register or log in to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.

Search context
Follow this question

By Email: 

Once you sign in you will be able to subscribe for any updates here.

By RSS:

Answers
Answers and Comments
Question details
× 12,146
× 13

Question asked: Apr 27 '18, 2:18 p.m.

Question was seen: 4,091 times

Last updated: May 01 '18, 3:55 a.m.

Confirmation Cancel Confirm