It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Extension Development - Trial Developer Token Expired

Ryan McFadden (191218) | asked Apr 24 '18, 2:11 p.m.

I worked through the Extension Workshop for 6.0.3 and have been working on developing some extensions.  Last night my Trial Developer Token expired. 

How do I configure my local development server (Liberty) to use a Developer token issued by floating license server that has been setup for the production Instance of RTC?

The production license server is hosted on a Web Sphere server on a Windows server.

Is there another option for a development token once the trial Developer token expires?

Comments
Ryan McFadden commented Apr 24 '18, 4:23 p.m. | edited Apr 25 '18, 2:45 a.m.

Additionally what would cause the developer Trial license to expire early?  I had made a note when I activated the token that it would expire on June 3.  It expired on April 23.  Now I have lost a day in my development efforts because I don't have a valid developer token.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 25 '18, 2:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Ryan,

all of the trial licenses have a 60 day expiration period.

The extensions workshop explains to upload the 10 Free Developer license to the development server as well as to the Jetty based debug server. This is a free of charge option.

If you want, you can also setup other licensing options e.g. use a floating license or another license you have purchased.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.