It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC Extension Development - Trial Developer Token Expired

Ryan McFadden (191212) | asked Apr 24 '18, 2:11 p.m.

I worked through the Extension Workshop for 6.0.3 and have been working on developing some extensions.  Last night my Trial Developer Token expired. 

How do I configure my local development server (Liberty) to use a Developer token issued by floating license server that has been setup for the production Instance of RTC?

The production license server is hosted on a Web Sphere server on a Windows server.

Is there another option for a development token once the trial Developer token expires?

Comments
Ryan McFadden commented Apr 24 '18, 4:23 p.m. | edited Apr 25 '18, 2:45 a.m.

Additionally what would cause the developer Trial license to expire early?  I had made a note when I activated the token that it would expire on June 3.  It expired on April 23.  Now I have lost a day in my development efforts because I don't have a valid developer token.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (61.1k33643) | answered Apr 25 '18, 2:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Ryan,

all of the trial licenses have a 60 day expiration period.

The extensions workshop explains to upload the 10 Free Developer license to the development server as well as to the Jetty based debug server. This is a free of charge option.

If you want, you can also setup other licensing options e.g. use a floating license or another license you have purchased.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.