It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Set component in DNG configuration selection dialog

A Ragab (1127) | asked Apr 20 '18, 6:50 p.m.

Hi, 

I'm writing a client that uses DNG selection dialogs, and I was wondering if there is a proper way to control the selected project and component in RM Configuration Selection Dialog 

The dialog has a field for "Project Area", "Component" and a filter for Streams/Baselines/Changesets. The user of my client already have a project and component selected. I don't want to display the dialog with a different one and cause confusion.

Any help/pointers will be appreciated.

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Jim Amsden (29337) | answered Apr 23 '18, 7:35 a.m.

Configuration-Context is generally set as a user preference since it impacts the version of resource selected across a set of GC contributing tools. This is not something that would generally be done each time a selection dialog is used as  establishing links generally needs to be to a consistent, stable (possibly global) configuration. The RDNG selection dialogs therefore don't provide this parameter as it is expected to be set in the user's session information.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.