It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Customize default Test Suite Sections

Thao Nguyen (37334) | asked Apr 17 '18, 4:33 a.m.

Hello,

When we open one test suite, there are many sections on left pane: Summary, Test Suite Design, Formal Review, Pre-Condition,Test Case, ...
I customize to show/hide these sections in Manage Sections then click OK. It works fine with current Test Suite

However, go to other test suites, default sections (not customized one i did) are still there. Are there any ways to see only customized sections?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Antonio Napoles (2861) | answered Apr 25 '18, 9:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thao,

The manipulation of the Test Suite is only effective for the suite you do the changes. Each artifact has a record of the sections it displays. You could create a new template containing only the sections wanted and use that template for future test suite creations. Unfortunately existing test suites will not change, even changing the template will not do any mofidication to existing artifacts created with the same template.

regards,

Napoles

Thao Nguyen selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Thao Nguyen commented Apr 25 '18, 10:20 p.m.

Thanks Napoles, i hope this will be considered as Enhancement in future releases

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.