It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[Hints and tips] Client install via the Installer

Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | asked Jan 08 '08, 4:51 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi all

If you use the Installer to install the Jazz client - you might notice the file you have to download is much smaller than the "unzip to install" version. This is because the download appears to be the Installation Manager software only.

At some point in the installation wizard, it will ask you for a login and password. This is your jazz.net username and password (not ADMIN/ADMIN).

Once you have logged in - it will download the rest of the Jazz client.

This is really obvious if you read the dialog - I didn't :-)

anthony

2 answers

permanent link
Brian Schonecker (111) | answered Apr 12 '13, 1:08 p.m.
 My installation never asks me for name and password yet I see that the install is talking to HTTPs.  Is there a way to tell the install to prompt me for name password?

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Apr 17 '13, 7:57 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Brian - you may have previous run the Installation Manager and select the option to save your login details, or your are pointing to an installation repository on your local network  You should be able to go into the Installation Manager preferences and check (a) what repository are you using to get the installation files, and (b) if any login info is being retained.

Remember the name/password is for the jazz.net server (assuming this is where you are getting your installation files from), or from another repository.

Does that help?

anthony

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.