It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Confusion in ClearQuest Bridge setup documentation

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8281269) | asked Oct 02 '09, 2:03 p.m.
From the documentation

To set up integration with Rational ClearQuest:

1. In Rational Quality Manager, configure the Rational ClearQuest bridge.
a. Log on as a user with JazzAdmins repository permissions.
b. Click Admin, and then click Jazz Server Administration.
c. Under Configuration, click Advanced Properties.
d. Scroll to the ClearQuest Bridge section and click Edit.
e. Optionally, specify the default ClearQuest schema repository and ClearQuest user database.

The options you specify here are available to users when they log in to ClearQuest. If you do not specify a schema repository or user database, users must select them when they log in. If you only provide a schema repository, users must select an associated user database.
Important: The schema repository and user database names are case-sensitive and must match the names you entered in the ClearQuest Maintenance tool.
f. Specify the ClearQuest Web remote server. For example, you can use the IP address, such as, 9.123.456.789, or a server name, such as, mycqweb1.ourdomain1.
g. Unless you need to change them, accept the default numbers for the HTTP Port and HTTPS Port, 80 and 443 respectively.
h. Set the Enable ClearQuest Bridge Webui property to "true". This setting must be enabled for the ClearQuest bridge to function properly.
i. Depending on your preferences, enable or disable the ClearQuest full-text search functionality by setting the Is Full Text search enabled? property. Note that you must also enable full-text search on your ClearQuest schema to use it with the ClearQuest bridge.
j. Search for Public URI Root and set the Current Value field to your public root URI, example https://myserver.abc.com:9443/jazz.
k. Click Save.
2. In Rational Quality Manager, set up the Rational ClearQuest bridge as a "friend" of Rational Quality Manager. You do this by setting up cross-server communication.
a. In Rational Quality Manager, click Admin, and then click Jazz Server Administration.
b. Click Cross-Server Communication.
c. For the Title, type the name that you want to use to identify the Rational ClearQuest Web server.
d. For the Jazz Team Server URI, type the public URI of the Rational Quality Manager Jazz server, for example, https://9.12.345.67:9443/jazz or https://myrqm1:9443/jazz.
e. For the Root Services URI, type the concatenation of the public URI and the address of the remote Rational ClearQuest server, for example, https://myrqm1:9443/jazz/cqrest/repo/ucm95/discovery?rcm.nestedcatalogs=false, where ucm95 is the name of the repository on the remote Rational ClearQuest server.
f. For OAuth Secret, enter a code of your choice to be associated with the new OAuth consumer key of the server.
Note: In this step you do not enter the actual key; you enter a shorter phrase that will be associated with the actual key.
g. Re-type the OAuth Secret code phrase.
Note: To improve support for OAuth in a WebSphere Application Server environment, see "Security Settings in WebSphere Application Server" in Setting up a WebSphere Application Server.
h. Click Trusted if you wish to designate this as a Truster consumer.

Trusted consumers will be able to share authorization with other trusted consumers and will not require user approval to access data.
i. Click Request Access.

Looking above, the first "section e" states that you can set up the ClearQuest Bridge so that the users can select which ever repository/database they need to. The second, "section e", however, makes it seem like you can't.

Which one is true? We would like the first to be true so that the RQM projects can choose their own repositories and databases.

Also, what is an example of an OAuth syntax? Just any phrase you want or what?

5 answers

permanent link
a seyler (6652) | answered Oct 13 '09, 1:10 p.m.
Hi,

i hope that you maybe can answer this question. I am trying to connect RQM with ClearQuest trough the CQConnector. Could you tell me if you could connect RQM with ClearQuest without using RTC?

Thanks in advance.

AS

From the documentation

To set up integration with Rational ClearQuest:

1. In Rational Quality Manager, configure the Rational ClearQuest bridge.
a. Log on as a user with JazzAdmins repository permissions.
b. Click Admin, and then click Jazz Server Administration.
c. Under Configuration, click Advanced Properties.
d. Scroll to the ClearQuest Bridge section and click Edit.
e. Optionally, specify the default ClearQuest schema repository and ClearQuest user database.

The options you specify here are available to users when they log in to ClearQuest. If you do not specify a schema repository or user database, users must select them when they log in. If you only provide a schema repository, users must select an associated user database.
Important: The schema repository and user database names are case-sensitive and must match the names you entered in the ClearQuest Maintenance tool.
f. Specify the ClearQuest Web remote server. For example, you can use the IP address, such as, 9.123.456.789, or a server name, such as, mycqweb1.ourdomain1.
g. Unless you need to change them, accept the default numbers for the HTTP Port and HTTPS Port, 80 and 443 respectively.
h. Set the Enable ClearQuest Bridge Webui property to "true". This setting must be enabled for the ClearQuest bridge to function properly.
i. Depending on your preferences, enable or disable the ClearQuest full-text search functionality by setting the Is Full Text search enabled? property. Note that you must also enable full-text search on your ClearQuest schema to use it with the ClearQuest bridge.
j. Search for Public URI Root and set the Current Value field to your public root URI, example https://myserver.abc.com:9443/jazz.
k. Click Save.
2. In Rational Quality Manager, set up the Rational ClearQuest bridge as a "friend" of Rational Quality Manager. You do this by setting up cross-server communication.
a. In Rational Quality Manager, click Admin, and then click Jazz Server Administration.
b. Click Cross-Server Communication.
c. For the Title, type the name that you want to use to identify the Rational ClearQuest Web server.
d. For the Jazz Team Server URI, type the public URI of the Rational Quality Manager Jazz server, for example, https://9.12.345.67:9443/jazz or https://myrqm1:9443/jazz.
e. For the Root Services URI, type the concatenation of the public URI and the address of the remote Rational ClearQuest server, for example, https://myrqm1:9443/jazz/cqrest/repo/ucm95/discovery?rcm.nestedcatalogs=false, where ucm95 is the name of the repository on the remote Rational ClearQuest server.
f. For OAuth Secret, enter a code of your choice to be associated with the new OAuth consumer key of the server.
Note: In this step you do not enter the actual key; you enter a shorter phrase that will be associated with the actual key.
g. Re-type the OAuth Secret code phrase.
Note: To improve support for OAuth in a WebSphere Application Server environment, see "Security Settings in WebSphere Application Server" in Setting up a WebSphere Application Server.
h. Click Trusted if you wish to designate this as a Truster consumer.

Trusted consumers will be able to share authorization with other trusted consumers and will not require user approval to access data.
i. Click Request Access.

Looking above, the first "section e" states that you can set up the ClearQuest Bridge so that the users can select which ever repository/database they need to. The second, "section e", however, makes it seem like you can't.

Which one is true? We would like the first to be true so that the RQM projects can choose their own repositories and databases.

Also, what is an example of an OAuth syntax? Just any phrase you want or what?

permanent link
Dave Hecker (6633) | answered Oct 28 '09, 10:54 a.m.
I'm struggling with this integration as well. The instructions aren't very clear.

I opened a PMR with support and they are telling me to alter the friendsconfig file to make it work, but the instructions haven't been clear on that either.

I'm simply trying to connect my Jazz/RQM server on machine A to my CQWeb 7.1 on machine B - this should be a straightforward setup or at least a documented one!

Has anyone gotten through this? Did you need to alter friendconfig?

permanent link
Kim Soederhamn (1.5k24247) | answered Nov 13 '09, 6:57 a.m.
I'm struggling with this integration as well. The instructions aren't very clear.

I opened a PMR with support and they are telling me to alter the friendsconfig file to make it work, but the instructions haven't been clear on that either.

I'm simply trying to connect my Jazz/RQM server on machine A to my CQWeb 7.1 on machine B - this should be a straightforward setup or at least a documented one!

Has anyone gotten through this? Did you need to alter friendconfig?

Hey all - I just made it work :-)

I'm using RQM 2.0.0.1 and CQ 7.1.0.2

I used the following values:

com.ibm.rational.cm.web.proxy.service.RCMConfigService
Property Current Value ClearQuest Schema Repository

Default Value
ClearQuest User Database

Default Value
ClearQuest Web remote server

swtest-srv02.dako.net
Default Value
localhost
HTTP Port

Default Value
HTTPS Port

Default Value
Property Current Value Default Value Description Enable ClearQuest Bridge Webui
true
false
Is Full Text search enabled?
false
false
SSL enabled on ClearQuest Web remote server
false
false

and for the cross server:
https://swtest-srv01:9443/jazz/cqrest/repo/swtest-srv01/discovery?rcm.nestedcatalogs=false

where swtest-srv01 is my RQM server and swtest-srv01 as repo is the name of my repository connection on the other server (because this is where I have the database)

as for the OAuth secret this is just a text string - I used "secret" as the pass phrase.

additional info:
YOU NEED TO RESTART THE SERVER after this step before you can add a link to the RQM project. If you dont do this you will get an error "Unable to load URL" status 409

You will be prompted for a password when making the link - this password is for the CQ login eg. admin and blank if you have a default CQ setup.

permanent link
Dave Hecker (6633) | answered Nov 13 '09, 12:08 p.m.
Settings that failed in 2.0x worked fine with 2.0.0.1 !

permanent link
ugandhar munagala (11) | answered Mar 04 '10, 12:57 p.m.
https://swtest-srv01:9443/jazz/cqrest/repo/swtest-srv01/discovery?rcm.nestedcatalogs=false

The correct link:
https://swtest-srv01:9443/jazz/cqrest/repo/CQschemaRepsoitoryname/discovery

where swtest-srv01 is your RQM Jazz Team server
CQscehamaRepositoryname is your CQ schema repository name (it is the name of the connection)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.