It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RAM 7.5.2.4 - policy plugin, artifact modification

Eric Ballance (134) | asked Feb 27 '18, 4:43 p.m.

Hello,

The requirement is to create a custom extension using the RAM Policy API, which changes the physical location of an artifact so it points to a new, local, location depending on the state. For example, asset ABC has artifact 123.doc. The state is updated to "complete" so the artifact now needs to point to c:\tmp\123.pdf.

Any helps is appreciated.
Thanks!

Comments
Eric Ballance commented Feb 27 '18, 5:13 p.m.

This questions is very close to what I'm trying to achieve--- https://jazz.net/forum/questions/74240/is-a-file-artifact-in-ram-given-a-url?sort=votes&page=1

Only difference is I'm trying to modify the URL so the artifact is retrieved from a different location. So, when the user clicks on the artifact it is actually downloaded from c:\tmp\finaldocuments\verisign 

Eric Ballance commented Feb 28 '18, 10:14 a.m. | edited Feb 28 '18, 10:17 a.m.

I'm able to pull the file by using the following code but I can't change the file location or even overwrite the file.

RAMFolderArtifact srcFolderArtifact = (RAMFolderArtifact) currentAsset. .getArtifactsRoot(); Artifact[] srcArtifacts = srcFolderArtifact.computeArtifactsAsFlatList(new NullProgressMonitor()); for (Artifact artifact : srcArtifacts) { RAMArtifact ramArtifact = (RAMArtifact) artifact; }

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.