It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC v6.0.4: Custom Background Colors for Defects vs. CRs

MK Skelton (2515) | asked Jan 09 '18, 3:46 p.m.
retagged Feb 26 '18, 12:56 p.m. by Michael Afshar (7014)

Hello,

Is there a setting to assign designated background colors for our defects vs. change requests?  I ask because our forms for each are identical.  I am building the forms for our team to eventually migrate from CC/CQ to RTC.  I think this will help them in not mistaking a defect from a change request (e.g., lilac vs. ash).

Thanks,
MK

Comments
Ian Wark commented Jan 11 '18, 2:35 a.m.

If you are talking about CC/CQ before migrating, I'm sorry, I don't have any ideas. Once you arrive in RTC, I think you can use the themes functionality in RTC to change the colors of different work item types. And of course you can assign a different icon.

Configuring Themes
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSCP65_6.0.4/com.ibm.jazz.repository.web.admin.doc/topics/c_configuring_themes.html

MK Skelton commented Jan 17 '18, 2:46 p.m.

Thank you for your reply, but I'm not locating where one can apply a themes to differentiate defects from themes.  I appreciate the feedback :)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jan 19 '18, 1:36 a.m.

There is no easy way to do this if you use the "same form", because it then has to be dynamic - the presentation changes depending on the data loaded. On a similar note, in the past, some users asked whether they can hide a tab depending on the value of a particular attribute, which is not possible.

Some ways that you can consider.
1. The web UI already shows the work item type (Defect, or Change Request) when a work item is displayed, and you can make it standout by changing its color or size by using Web UI Theming as Ian suggested.
2. Simply make the forms/editors different. You can add static text in an editor to explain what it is for.

MK Skelton selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
MK Skelton commented Feb 20 '18, 11:08 a.m.

Thanks Ian and Donald

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.