It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to develop a simple application using JFS.

jyoti mishra (45139) | asked Dec 13 '17, 8:15 a.m.

Hello Everyone,

I want to develop an application Using JFS. I am not getting how to start with it.I am using CLM 6.0.3.Please provide some good documents to start with it.

Comments
Lukas Steiger commented Dec 13 '17, 2:20 p.m.

I fully agree with Geoffreys answer below. (Unfortunately)

Can you line out a litte more about the use case you have to fulfill? There might be a much easier solution out there we can give you guidance to if let us know what you want to achieve.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lukas Steiger (3131626) | answered Dec 14 '17, 11:59 a.m.

One way to allow you to create a new page in RTC where you can display the information you like is to create a page extension. this will add a new menu to your CCM Web application where you are free to add any information you want.

Have a look at the Work Item Bulk Mover, especially into the Menu Provider

jyoti mishra selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
jyoti mishra commented Dec 18 '17, 6:16 a.m.

I Deploy the Work Item Bulk Mover plugin,but I am not getting the new menu in the Web Client.Will you please tell me,where I am going wrong.How we can create a menu in the dashboard ,where we can show our own information.

Lukas Steiger commented Dec 18 '17, 6:22 a.m.

Please follow carefully the provided instructions in the project area. You need to deploy three plugins, the Service, UI and Menu Provider in order to get the Bulk Mover up and running. This will add a new menu point to all CCM webpages (excl. the admin pages). This will not create a new menu entry within the dashboard, you would have to create a widget in order to do that.

jyoti mishra commented Dec 19 '17, 5:26 a.m.

I deploy the following Plugins at server side (provision_files and update site)-

1)com.siemens.bt.jazz.ui.WorkItemBulkMover.menuProvider_1.2.0
2)com.siemens.bt.jazz.ui.WorkItemBulkMover_1.2.0
3)com.siemens.bt.jazz.services.WorkItemBulkMover.updatesite-1.2.0..

Deployment at eclipse client side are-
1)com.ibm.team.workitem.common_3.1.0.v20120510_2207
2)com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui_3.1.0.v20120510_2207.
But still I am not able to get new menu to any CCM webpages.Will you please tell me,where I am going wrong.

Lukas Steiger commented Dec 19 '17, 5:40 a.m.

Is the 'com.siemens.bt.jazz.services.WorkItemBulkMover' service listed under /ccm/service?

What does your CCM log say?

jyoti mishra commented Dec 19 '17, 7:39 a.m.

Yes "com.siemens.bt.jazz.services.WorkItemBulkMover.IWorkItemBulkMoverService" is listed under /ccm/service.

I found the following log messages from ccm.log file.

1) CRJAZ0288E The "com.siemens.bt.jazz.services.WorkItemBulkMover.feature" profile feature could not be installed from the "file:ccm/sites/com.siemens.bt.jazz.services.WorkItemBulkMover-update-site" update site that is referenced in the "F:\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\ccm\provision_profiles\com.siemens.bt.jazz.services.WorkItemBulkMover-update-site.ini" profile file.

2)CRJAZ0281E The "com.ibm.team.repository.common" dependency bundle cannot be installed.

jyoti mishra commented Dec 20 '17, 12:53 a.m. | edited Dec 20 '17, 12:53 a.m.

Thanks  Lukas Steiger,you helped me lot.Now it is working.

Lukas Steiger commented Dec 20 '17, 8:42 a.m.

Glad to hear that :-)

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

One other answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Dec 13 '17, 10:45 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

To my knowledge, there is no good documentation on developing an application using JFS, so it is not something I would recommend doing.   (Note: I would be happy to be proven wrong about this :-).

Comments
jyoti mishra commented Dec 13 '17, 11:57 p.m.

I want to develop a web Page ,in which I have to display some of the information from IBM RTC.I wanted to know how we can retrieve information from task(CCM).I want to display the information of user in which projects ,they are currently working and also the time taken by user to complete those task.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.