It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

New file in sandbox - is it in conflict with incoming change-set (using Java API)

Gidi Gal (962056) | asked Oct 26 '17, 7:06 a.m.

Hello to the forum members,

I have a new file which was delivered into stream. I create in another workspace in the same path a file with the same name. I have IShareable of my created file. Suppose I have also the incoming IChangeSet of the delivered file. How do I know these files represent the same item and are in conflict ?

Thanks,
Gidi

One answer

permanent link
Shashikant Padur (4.2k27) | answered Oct 30 '17, 4:41 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 30 '17, 4:41 a.m.
Your new file and the incoming change with the same name are two different items.
If you have checked in the changes to your change set then in the GUI/CLI clients the change will be shown to have a potential conflict. If you accept the change set then the actual conflict will be reported as Add-Add conflict.
The conflict report should give you details about the conflict. 

Comments
Gidi Gal commented Oct 30 '17, 8:03 a.m.

Hi Shashikant,
When I'm trying to deliver a change-set with new file which is in future-conflict with incoming change-set - I will get error:
"Cannot deliver changes since they would create conflicts for component 'Component 'CmpA''. Try accepting all incoming changes, resolve the conflicts, then deliver again."
I am automating deliver operation in an extension I develop. I need to identify such a future conflict so I can avoid calling deliver and so I can alert my users about this issue.
Is there a public API to identify this future conflict ?
Thanks,
Gidi

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.