It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to download the attachment on client machine

Anurag Patel (21363) | asked Oct 23 '17, 6:03 a.m.
edited Oct 23 '17, 7:14 a.m.

Hi, <o:p> </o:p>

I had written a logic to download the attachment file from the work item using the plugin. I am able to download the Attachment of the work item on server machine, and tried to download the attachment on client machine but facing the problem while download the file on client machine.

Is there any way to download the attachment file on client machine.

Thanks in Advance. <o:p> </o:p>

Comments
Luca Martinucci commented Oct 23 '17, 7:50 a.m.

What kind of error are you getting?

It could be an issue with the download pattern (have you tried to share a folder on the client machine, and to specify it as the download pattern?) or with the filesystem permissions.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 23 '17, 6:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
Anurag Patel (21363) | answered Oct 24 '17, 12:34 a.m.

Hi Luca,

There is no any error. I successfully download attachment but it is downloaded on server machine (machine where RTC installed) and I want to download attachment on local client machine (at user machine).

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 24 '17, 2:48 a.m. | edited Oct 24 '17, 2:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

It is usually impossible to download a file on a server and simply redirect it to be stored on an arbitrary computer in the network. This has nothing to do with APIs, this is just the most basic knowledge about how computer networks work. You would need some active servers protocols etc set up to transfer anything from one computer to another.

Any capability that allows to just distribute the data within the network would be serious infrastructure. The Server by the way will not even know which client contacted it at the API level we are talking here.

So basically you will have to use the client API on the client to download the attachment there (or use a browser or RTC client on that client).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.