It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Adding a new custom attribute to a requirement via OSLC

JOSE MARIA ALVAREZ (2614) | asked Oct 19 '17, 2:13 a.m.

Dear all:

I have been tried to add a new attribute to a requirement that is gathered via the OSLC API in DNG. I have seen that some attributes are coming in the extended properties of a "Requirement" resource so I have tried to include a new property (URI and value) in this table of extended properties. The result is that I can update the resource (getting a 200 returning code) but the attribute and value are not finally stored. My question is:

-Is it possible to create attributes in DNG and retrieve/update them via OSLC? 

I have seen other threads in this topic but it is not completely clear how to proceed...I guess that it would be something like:

-Define the new property (domain and range)
-Add such definition to the resource shape
-Add the attribute/value according to the new shape

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Oct 24 '17, 4:57 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am pretty sure you cant do that. You will have to add the new attribute in DoorsNext using the admin UI. then you can likely set it.

Accepted answer

permanent link
JOSE MARIA ALVAREZ (2614) | answered Nov 01 '17, 7:25 a.m.

Dear Ralph:

Thanks! It worked perfectly! First, it is necessary to create a new attribute in the tab about "Management of project properties" and then, add the attribute to the resource shape of a resource (in this case to the Requirement Resource Shape). Once, these two steps are done, attributes definitions and values can be accessed (and updated):
  • Definitions that are available in the resource shape of the resource
  • Values that are available as extended properties within a resource
Best regards,

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.