It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to remove header and footer textbox from create document style report tab in DNG

Rohini Kumar (921057) | asked Oct 11 '17, 5:34 a.m.

Hi Everyone,

My scenario is that  in create document style report tab Additional report information(Optional) section is there,in that we can add header footer optionally ,but I want to remove header and footer textbox from Additional report information(Optional) section in DNG

How can I do it,is there any suggestion on same?

Best Regards
 Amruta 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Oct 11 '17, 5:58 a.m.
edited Oct 11 '17, 6:14 a.m.

The options you see under "Additional Report Information (Optional)" are shown for the variables in the template. For example, in printArtifact.dta, we have a variable footerText, for which description is "Footer Text(type:text)". Hence we see "Footer Text" in the report wizard, which accepts text value.
You can delete variable description and rename the variable (name should start with "_")  so that it will not be shown in DNG report wizard. If the variable is not needed, you can just delete it.

Rohini Kumar selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rohini Kumar commented Oct 11 '17, 8:36 a.m. | edited Oct 11 '17, 8:38 a.m.

Hello Subramanya ,I want to remove header footer text box from"Additional Report Information (Optional)" section,because header footer I have set in template then I want to delete it from section not in report

is it possible using RPE to delete it from pop up of "Additional Report Information (Optional)" ?

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented Oct 11 '17, 9:48 a.m.

Yes. "Additional Report Information (Optional)" section in DNG report wizard is shown depending on the variables used in RRDG/RPE template. If you remove the variables, it will not be shown in DNG web UI.

Rohini Kumar commented Oct 11 '17, 10:20 a.m.

Hi Subramanya,I have deleted variable footerText attribute from printArtifact.dta but it didn't removed from web UI

Rohini Kumar commented Oct 12 '17, 2:43 a.m.

thank you Subramanya :)

One other answer

permanent link
Kevin Murphy (9621317) | answered Oct 11 '17, 4:50 p.m.

You have to reinitialize publishing after updating the template. Go to rm/admin/ and click debug and then publish services. You'll see the button. You can also go to rm/publish/initialize

Comments
Rohini Kumar commented Oct 12 '17, 12:16 a.m. | edited Oct 12 '17, 12:16 a.m.

Hi Kevin,I have done it .but still header footer text box did not removed

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.