It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

View of Test case results through builds

Thao Nguyen (37334) | asked Oct 09 '17, 4:56 a.m.
edited Oct 10 '17, 5:17 a.m.

Hello Jazz team,

Is it possible to have a view containing list of test cases, their results for each build records and related defect?
This helps to identify in depth (test case level) which test cases were not tested before, which test cases were tested few times. Also it provides consistent check for test lead when he/she reviews issue of current build and needs to refer to results of several previous builds

Something we did on our internal test plan (excel) and would like to have on Jazz QM

Test-case name      Iteration_1                Iteration_2        Iteration_3
TC#1                      Passed                      Failed          Passed
TC#2                      Passed                      Passed        Passed
TC#3                      Failed                        Failed          Failed
TC#4                      Failed                        Failed          Planned for this build
TC#5                      Not update result      Failed          Planned for this build
TC#6                      Not plan for test         Failed          Planned for this build
TC#7 .......................

I tried with Execution-Test Case Result view, seem it bases on TCER id, so different TCER id can link to one test case name,therefore test case name is not unique to perform as above table

Do you have any suggestions?

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Oct 10 '17, 4:39 a.m.

I don't think there is any existing view you may use in your use case. Build is not in those existing view like test case result view and so on. I guess you may consider to add some custom category/attribute to those view and select the right value for those category/attribute corresponding to each build and its result or plan. Then you may create a view close to what you want to have.

Comments
Thao Nguyen commented Oct 10 '17, 5:06 a.m. | edited Oct 10 '17, 5:18 a.m.

Thanks for your response, Don

Just to clarify "build", here i meant Iteration id # (created in Manage Project Timelines-Timeline). I changed "build" to "Iteration" in original question

Look each TCER result (mapped with different or same test-case) for each Iteration is tracked in vertical orientation (row by row): for example.: TCER#1- map to TC #1, tested on Iteration #1 is tracked in row 1, then TCER #2 (also map to TC#1) run on Iteration #2 is track in next row, not in next column as my purpose

Seem it is not possible to have that view we need :(

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.