It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a detailed guide how SAFe templates from V.6.0.3 to V.6.0.4 should be updated?

Guido Schneider (3.4k1486115) | asked Sep 29 '17, 3:12 p.m.
edited Sep 29 '17, 3:12 p.m.

We have adapted SAFe 4.0 with V.6.0.3GA Templates.

Since then we made customization in the template and have now a variant of the SAFe 4.0GA templates.

I know there were bug fixes in the meantime (e.g. corrected scripts, enumerations etc.) and there are changes done in V.6.0.4 according news and noteworthy.
https://jazz.net/pub/new-noteworthy/rtc/6.0.4/6.0.4/index.html#23

What I need is a detailed guide what I have to change in my process template to get all the changes from 6.0.4 and from all the bug fixes between. Note: most of the changes are not part of the upgrade scripts or an iFix and must be manually edited in the process template.

I have not found such a guide to upgrade the template from 6.0.3 to 6.0.4

Do you provide such a document anywhere?

regards
Guido

One answer

permanent link
Amy Silberbauer (30657) | answered Sep 29 '17, 4:28 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Guido,
I have to apologize, I have not yet formally documented the 6.0.3 > 6.0.4 SAFe template deltas in a concise way. I suppose since I'm including a list here, I may as well just do it :) The SAFe 4.5 Configuration Guidelines do include information about how to configure the 6.0.3 > 6.0.4 deltas (just combined with all of the other 4.5 changes). Here's the basic list, then you can look in those guidelines:

RTC:

• Fix issue with VSE and Program Epic "Approved" state, should be in Analysis State Group
  • Add permission to Release Train Engineer to update project areasĀ 
  • Add Stretch (Boolean) attribute to PI Objective
  • Add Learning Milestone work item type to Program level
  • Add MVP (Boolean) to Capability, Feature, Story

RDNG:

• Set initial values for the Capacity and Investment attributes in RDNG
  • Update descriptions for the Capacity and Investment attributes in RDNG (they used to be on Strategic Theme, they are now on Value Stream and Program)
  • Update preferred link types based on revised domain model
  • Add the Type Description hyperlink to content for RDNG artifacts, like we have for RTC work item types

Amy

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.