It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Deploy extension to multi server setup

Kasper Lindberg (153) | asked Sep 07 '17, 4:12 a.m.

Hi,

I have created an extension, which is triggered by the "Work Item Save (server)" and the changeset "Deliver (server)" operations. 

I've successfully managed to deploy my extension to my one-server RTC Server used during development. 

Now that I'm ready to deploy it for real, I would like to understand how I would do this in the multi server setup we use in production?

We have a JTS, an RQM and an RTC server. 

My question is, on which server or servers should the extension be deployed?

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
SEC Servizi (97123660) | answered Sep 07 '17, 5:25 a.m.
I have created an extension, which is triggered by the "Work Item Save (server)" and the changeset "Deliver (server)" operations. 
We have a JTS, an RQM and an RTC server. 
My question is, on which server or servers should the extension be deployed?
These extension points belong to the CCM application, so you have to add your provision file and update site into server/conf/ccm. (Replace /ccm with /jazz if your context root comes from RTC v2.0.0.)
Cheers.
Kasper Lindberg selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Kasper Lindberg commented Sep 07 '17, 6:15 a.m.

Thanks.

Our context root is /jazz. How do I determine the server on which the CCM application runs?

Kevin Ramer commented Sep 07 '17, 1:28 p.m.

If the URL for each of the applications (JTS, RTC, RQM ) has the same host name, then the extension needs to be added under the "ccm" branch of the installation.  in any case, only the RTC application configuration needs to be augmented according to the documentation.

Kasper Lindberg commented Sep 08 '17, 7:44 a.m.

Each server has a separate hostname and run on separate Linux systems.

I will attempt to deploy to my RTC instance.

Thanks for the information.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.