It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem with RTC 2.0.0.1 RC2 Install from Zip

Steve Cotugno (41159) | asked Sep 22 '09, 3:26 a.m.
Hello,

I've installed from zip file RTC 2.0.0.1RC2 jazz sever and client.
The Jazz Team Server root is F:\JazzTeamServer
As per the release notes, I than run the repotool -addTables:(as I was installed V2.0.0.1 RC2 from scratch) and resulted in the follwoing:

F:\JazzTeamServer\jazz\server>repotools.bat -addTables
Repo Tools Jazz Foundation - Jazz Team Server, Version 1.0.0.1 RC2 (I20090908-0800) Rational Team Concert, Version 2.0.0.1 (I20090908-0800)

Rational Jazz Team Server - Standard
Invalid registry object
Invalid registry object

I started up the jazz server successfully. I then bring up the Jazz Web login page. Then I try logging into the Jazz Server (via the web). In the console of the startup.bat I receive the following error message

INFO: Server startup in 30113 ms
02:59:04,140 ERROR eam.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService - CRJAZ0304I The profile path "F:\JAZZTE~1\jazz\server\SERVERconf\jazz\provision_profiles" does not exist. Check that the System Property "JAZZ
_HOME" is set correctly.
02:59:04,310 ERROR .ibm.team.jfs.app.discovery.utils.Roo

Please advise?

2 answers

permanent link
Matt Lavin (2.7k2) | answered Sep 22 '09, 8:23 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Have you tried to re-run -addTables. I think there is a bug in some pre-release builds that cause it to fail the first time but to succeed every time after that.

permanent link
Steve Cotugno (41159) | answered Sep 22 '09, 4:20 p.m.
Have you tried to re-run -addTables. I think there is a bug in some pre-release builds that cause it to fail the first time but to succeed every time after that.

Yes - but that was not it.

It turns out that the Windows XP I was running did not have any service packs installed. The code in server.startup.bat that constructs the path
F:\JAZZTE~1\jazz\server\SERVERconf\jazz\provision_profiles" is incorrect. It appears to be a XP scripting issue since the script was not constructing the path correctly.

I performed the same install on a VMWare Image that had XP SP3 and it worked fine (actually I used the release 2.0.0.1 in this case).

Thanks
Steve

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.