It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

problem in creating snapshot

Pavitra Chitikela (15112) | asked Jun 29 '17, 5:18 a.m.

Hi,

<o:p> </o:p>

When I am trying to create a snapshot to a workspace containing unchecked-in files using CLI SCM command, it is throwing error as “Problem running 'create snapshot': <o:p> </o:p>

Could not create snapshot <o:p> </o:p>

There are unchecked-in changes that may be overwritten. <o:p> </o:p>

Check the log for details about the error at "C:\Users\pchitik\AppData\Local\jazz-scm". If you have configured custom logging check your log configuration settings for the path to the log file.” <o:p> </o:p>

We don’t want those files to be checked-in as those are .project files which we may not need further. Is there any possibility that we can create a snapshot even when there are files to be checked-in. <o:p> </o:p>

Regards, <o:p> </o:p>

Pavitra <o:p> </o:p>

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 29 '17, 5:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Files you don't want to check in ever should be on the ignore list. In which case not outgoing changes exist and this no check in is needed. I am not sure if you can use some flags to create the snapshot anyway. The online help would be a good starting point to find that out.

Comments
Pavitra Chitikela commented Jun 29 '17, 5:43 a.m.

if I add them to ignored resources I will no longer able to fetch updated .project files from stream.I need them as incoming changes. I want to fetch those project files from stream but don't want to check-in the updated .project files.

Shashikant Padur commented Jul 03 '17, 2:46 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.