It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you change/set RTC work item attribute values using HTML or through a URL?

Shon Hansen (11) | asked May 24 '17, 2:42 p.m.

I have been able to use the HTML widget to create new work items but I would like to be able to also set certain attributes through the same HTML widget much like a template. Is this possible?

Comments
Donald Nong commented May 25 '17, 5:48 a.m.

What "HTML widget" are you talking about? If it is a custom one, you may have to develop a new one to meet your requirement.

Shon Hansen commented May 25 '17, 9:16 a.m.

The HTML widget that I am trying to use is the one in RTC in the web interface.  What I need to do is have personnel who are not familiar with CLM or RTC be able to create a bug or defect work item and have several of the attributes automatically filled in.  Basically I need a way to instantiate a template through a single button on a dashboard.  I thought I could do this through the HTML widget.  I can create any work item type I want but I need to have several attributes filled out correctly by personnel who do not understand RTC at all.

Donald Nong commented May 29 '17, 12:16 a.m.

It doesn't appear to clear up anything. The widget of the exact name "HTML" appears to show static content only, so it cannot be the one you mentioned. So what exactly is the widget you are using?

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.