It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM: If a script is being executed and a step is blocked, is it possible to set the overall status of the script to blocked without having to complete the script?

Sean Donnellan (132) | asked Apr 18 '17, 9:47 a.m.

Is it possible to set the overall status of the script to blocked without having to complete the script so that it is possible to resume execution afterwards? Right now, if I set a single step to 'blocked' and click 'Stop Run', the script is given an 'inconclusive' status and I'm unable to Resume Execution. I was just wondering if it's possible to set the script status to 'Blocked' and resume its execution afterwards?

Thanks. 

Accepted answer

permanent link
Pragnya Priyadarshini (39) | answered Apr 19 '17, 6:46 a.m.
Currently in RQM  we don't support such functionality.If you set a single step of a script to Blocked,and you want the overall status of the script to be blocked,then you have to apply verdict on the successive steps.If you stop the execution in between then the script status will be Inconclusive.
But yes there is an work around wherein we can manually change the Execution Record status.Below are the steps:
1. Go To Browse Test Case Execution Record.
2. From the list view select the desired TCER.
3. Make sure the Last Result Column should be there in the list view.
4. Change the status using Bulk Update icon.
I hope  it will answer your question.Please let me know if you have any concern.

Sean Donnellan selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sean Donnellan commented Apr 19 '17, 9:54 a.m.

Thank you very much for responding to my question. I tried to use your workaround but I couldn't find the 'Bulk Update' icon after selecting a TCER. Could this be as a result of the version of Rational I'm using or something?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.