It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Importing Test Scripts and Test Cases.

Clayton Buirkholder (3133) | asked Sep 11 '09, 3:49 p.m.
Has anyone had any success getting test scripts and test cases in xml format to import successfully?

8 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Sep 11 '09, 4:23 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Clayton - no problems here.
I usually get the XML "skeleton" either by looking at one of the sample XML files in the install dir or by using Poster to get an existing artifact. I then modify the data and reimport (either through the Import functionality in the UI or by PUTing with Poster). Works fine.
Are you getting a specific error when you try to do this?
Regards,
John

Has anyone had any success getting test scripts and test cases in xml format to import successfully?

permanent link
Chidambaram L (23414178) | answered Apr 12 '12, 2:49 a.m.
When you mention, reimport, are you talking about following sequence of tasks:
1. export test cases from RQM
2. modify in some editor, say excel
3. import test cases into RQM to modify the original ones

I am looking for same solution for reimporting RQM data.

I usually get the XML "skeleton" either by looking at one of the sample XML files in the install dir or by using Poster to get an existing artifact. I then modify the data and reimport (either through the Import functionality in the UI or by PUTing with Poster). Works fine.
Regards,
John

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Apr 12 '12, 10:54 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
@chidamla,
for test case, if delete the identifier and webid , projectarea information and using a POST request, then a new testcase will be created, if using PUT with an unexisting external id there's also will be new testcase created, if using PUT with an exist external id, then the testcase with the external will be updated.
if can use RQM URL utility or POSTer to do the request.

if your data is in Excel or word, you can use RQM word/excel importer to do so.

When you mention, reimport, are you talking about following sequence of tasks:
1. export test cases from RQM
2. modify in some editor, say excel
3. import test cases into RQM to modify the original ones

I am looking for same solution for reimporting RQM data.

Regards,
John

permanent link
Chidambaram L (23414178) | answered Apr 27 '12, 3:53 a.m.
@Hao Wan,

I have done the first upload using a template from the samples folder of Excel Importer Installation folder. Template used is "Testsuite with testcases that have testscripts"; Test Suite, Test Case, Test Script are created and linked with each other.

Now I wanted to update/overwrite only the test script. Can you help me with the cfg file and an excel template. I can be reached at chidambaram (at) maintec (dot) in. My client will be comfortable with excel than command line.

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Apr 27 '12, 5:29 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
hi @chidamla,
you can use the following config file.
and don't change column B in excel, as column contains the external id of the testscript.
testscript.XLSStartRow=5

testscript.XLSArtifactID=B
testscript.dc:title=B
testscript.dc:description=C
testscript.steps.type="execution"
testscript.steps.description=E
testscript.steps.title=D
testscript.steps.name=D
testscript.steps.expectedResult=F
testscript.XLSDelimeter=\n

@Hao Wan,

I have done the first upload using a template from the samples folder of Excel Importer Installation folder. Template used is "Testsuite with testcases that have testscripts"; Test Suite, Test Case, Test Script are created and linked with each other.

Now I wanted to update/overwrite only the test script. Can you help me with the cfg file and an excel template. I can be reached at chidambaram (at) maintec (dot) in. My client will be comfortable with excel than command line.

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Apr 27 '12, 5:33 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
hi @chidamla,
just sent email to you.
@Hao Wan,

permanent link
Chidambaram L (23414178) | answered Apr 27 '12, 5:54 a.m.
@ Hao Wan, Thanks for the reply. In the cfg and excel template, where is the ID of the artifact.

permanent link
Hao Wan (1.5k35) | answered Apr 27 '12, 6:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
hi @chidamla,
artifact id (external id) is stored in column B.
@ Hao Wan, Thanks for the reply. In the cfg and excel template, where is the ID of the artifact.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.