It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to query for the artifacts in a view in DOORS-NG?

Greg McAlpin (1312) | asked Mar 21 '17, 7:52 p.m.

Hi.

I am using the DOORS-NG OSLC REST api to create a webapp that uses content from DOORS-NG.  I am having problems getting the content of a specific view.

I can get the list of public views for a module.  The view's URI points to XML that contains a rm:rowqery element.  I think that this is the query to use to get the contents of the view.  When I use the XML as the payload of a POST request, I get hundreds of unexpected artifacts returned.

Using my browser to monitor the requests generated by DOORS-NG, I can see the application making the same request.  It appears that it is using the x-com-ibm-team-scenario header to limit the scope of its request.

The header looks like:  x-com-ibm-team-scenario:"ae16f8ec-f7d1-4b90-84d3-608d24f8c067;name=com.ibm.rdm.web.pages.showArtifact/Gap%20Analysis:%20Shared;extras=/rm/web"

The header's value starts with a unique id.  I can't figure out where this id comes from.  Is this documented anywhere or can someone help me find the correct way to send the query?

Thanks.

Greg McAlpin

Comments
Donald Nong commented Mar 21 '17, 8:22 p.m.

I assume you're using the internal API, not the published OSLC API or reportable REST API.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Jean-Luc Johnson (8125) | answered Mar 22 '17, 5:49 a.m.

I asked a similar questions years ago. Views are not native OSLC concepts. So far, IBM has not extended the OSLC REST API to interact with views in DNG. You will get access to your artefacts if they were organised by folders or by  requirement collection.

Greg McAlpin selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.