It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Importing ClearQuest field "Actual_hrs_to_Diagnose&quot

David Fay (4164) | asked Sep 10 '09, 10:58 a.m.
Hi,

I'm using the RTC 2.0 Importer to create work items from Clear Quest Defect records. One of the ClearQuest fields I'm importing is called "Actual_hrs_to_Diagnose". I am using the "com.ibm.team.workitem.attribute.timespent" RTC targetId, but the value is not getting imported.

The value of "Actual_hrs_to_Diagnose" is a simple integer. The field I'm am trying to import to is a special text field with valid values like "2 d 12 h 30 m" for 2 days 12 hours 30 minutes. But the field description says that it assumes hours, so I feel like the integer '3' should import properly. But, no dice.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

David

2 answers

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Sep 10 '09, 4:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Please verify that the sourceId in the mapping file is correct. It should look like the following:

<attribute sourceId="Actual_hrs_to_Diagnose" targetId="com.ibm.team.workitem.attribute.timespent"/>

I modified my mapping file to include the timespent mapping, modified the xml file to have a value of 3 for that field, and imported successfully. The work item timespent field displays "3 h". Granted I tested this using a 2.0.0.1 client. I will try the test again with a 2.0 client.

permanent link
David Fay (4164) | answered Sep 11 '09, 9:23 a.m.
My bad. I had the source ID (ClearQuest field name) wrong.

Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.