It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Would changes on User Property Names Mapping have any impact on the Jazz tools ?

Matthew More (40212) | asked Mar 06 '17, 9:15 a.m.

hi we are using Jazz 6.0.2 on windows and we need some modification in   User Property Names Mapping right now is look like :

User Property Names Mapping: userId=uid,name=cn,emailAddress=mail 

but cn name in our AD is not changing after some user modification so we want change this atribute as :

User Property Names Mapping: userId=uid,name=displayName,emailAddress=mail 

and the question is did such change will have impact on jazz environment and projects/workitems etc properties 

Also if we can do such change on working environment or shall we stop it

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 06 '17, 9:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Mar 06 '17, 9:38 a.m.

1. I would suggest to test the new LDAP settings with a small test system, before applying them on the production system.

2. You will likely have to restart the application
3. Dependent on the application server, the LDAP settings impact application server or web-inf files, make sure you stay consistent
4. The change can have impact on the user names; the name could change if the Display Name is different than the CN
5. The change can have heavy impact on the users registered to the Jazz applications if the user ID does change - you don't plan on it, I think, but this is the most important thing; if it changes you get new user records for all the not matching ID's in LDAP sync or import; the impacted users will not be able to log in with their old ID. 

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 08 '17, 7:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In Doors Next Generation there is an issue with renaming the users. The data will still show the old user name after they where successfully renamed. Please see this link for more information and how to fix it. 

permanent link
Matthew More (40212) | answered Mar 07 '17, 2:15 a.m.
edited Mar 07 '17, 5:50 a.m.
HI,
I made a change on test environment and its look like working without any app restart i jus use Synchronize Jazz Team Server Users With External User Registry in Manage users tab .
Its changing Name or display name in jazz not user id which is use to log on
I know that names will be changed that my clue i want add some sentence like IT Dept. and it will be easier while adding some big numbers of project members

Comments
Matthew More commented Mar 08 '17, 7:05 a.m. | edited Nov 11 '17, 5:39 p.m.

Confirmed, after implementation on production environment its working, all place where some particular user wrote ( workitem history, updates, name in tasks etc ) are changed without any problem.

Searching while adding new users to project is working using added characters in display name 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.