It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can Jazz_User run dataware house job and import workitems?

Pravin Patil (104146134) | asked Mar 02 '17, 4:59 p.m.

Hi, 

I dont want to give a user all of CCM Admin privileges but should be able to perform below listed activities:
  1. Execute ETL jobs (i.e. run the dataware jobs from https://abc:9443/ccm/admin > reports)
    • Which "Permission" is needed to execute this task?
    • Does the user have be in Jazz_Users group or Jazz_Admin?
  2. Import workitems from .csv
  3. Update the workflow (Add remove states and actions)
Please suggest

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lily Wang (4.9k714) | answered Mar 02 '17, 6:51 p.m.

Please find my answer below:

1. Execute ETL jobs
The user needs JazzAdmins repository permission and Data Collector license.

2. Import workitems from .csv
JazzUsers is sufficient. If the user has permission to create work item in the project area then he can import work items from a csv file.

3. Update the workflow, which means have permission to modify project area's process configuration
The user needs to either have JazzProjectAdmins repository permission or is administrator of the project area.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Pravin Patil commented Mar 03 '17, 2:50 p.m.

I want to set up a "Role" which wont be able to create/modify/delete work item or source code, or plan, or anything in process template. When this role is assigned to a user, he should be able to do ONLY the following:

1. add/remove users from Team Area
    • I added this user to "JazzUsers" group & gave him ONLY permission of "Team Configuration>Modify the collection of team members". So he is able to add/remove users from team area but NOT from ProjectArea.
  2. add/remove users from Project area
    • Since #1 didnt work for ProjectArea, I added this user to "JazzProjectAdmin" group & gave him ONLY the permission of "Project Configuration>Modify the collection of team members". But now he is able to make updates to process template, checkin deliver and create workitems. Is JazzProjectAdmin overriding the permissions?
How to set this up, "user should be able to add/remove user from project and team area" but cant do anything else?
Please suggest.

Lily Wang commented Mar 06 '17, 1:44 a.m.

For the point 2, you can remove the user from "JazzProjectAdmins" but grant him "Process > Project Areas > Modify Project Areas > Modify process specifications" permission.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.