It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Profile path change effects c++ plugin

Daniel Ruebush (9715187) | asked Mar 01 '17, 10:13 p.m.

Hi All,
I am using Rational Team Concert 6.0.2 ifix 003 on Linux

We have implemented a new naming standard for our end-users. 

This involved changing the profile paths and directory and file ownerships to the new syntax. 
It has broken an eclipse plugin with the following error in C/C++ view:
Could not create the view: org.eclipse.cdt.make.ui.vie.

Nothing else outside of usernames and computer profile paths were changed.

I've tried to reinstall the broken plugin but that didn't work. I appears like the updater is still looking for the  
repository in the old path name.

I looked into the .log and saw these two errors being presented.

Looking at the values of "usr" "space" do you recognize those values as something that you may have changed? 

=====================================================================================
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "usr"
=====================================================================================
!ENTRY org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core 4 2 2017-02-10 10:54:35.433
!MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in:
"org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "space"
==================================================================================
Nothing in /usr or /space should have changed outside of the ownerships for the RTC workspace.

The only things that 'should' have changed is the system Login Username (assigned by Active Directory and the fact  that we moved profiles from <firstinitial <lastname> {DRUEBUSH}to firstname.lastname {Daniel.Ruebush}.
How can I resolve this?

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.