It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Web project development for RTC-Client-2.0-Win

Jiangang Ren (61) | asked Sep 10 '09, 3:02 a.m.
When I'm using RTC1.0, add the plug-in wtp, our team can easily establish a new web project, such as 'dynamic web project' option and we can build servers like Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, WebSphere......

However, when we moved our project to RTC2.0, the plug-in wtp doesn't work, we cannot find "build web project" option though our workspace has been moved to RTC2.0. And when we click the project to "run on server", error, no server found. In preference, "new server runtime" option cannot help us build servers like JBOSS, Tomcat, just basic HTTP server.

So how to solve the problem? Thanks sincerely

3 answers

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Sep 10 '09, 6:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When I'm using RTC1.0, add the plug-in wtp, our team can easily establish a new web project, such as 'dynamic web project' option and we can build servers like Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, WebSphere......

However, when we moved our project to RTC2.0, the plug-in wtp doesn't work, we cannot find "build web project" option though our workspace has been moved to RTC2.0. And when we click the project to "run on server", error, no server found. In preference, "new server runtime" option cannot help us build servers like JBOSS, Tomcat, just basic HTTP server.

Hi

RTC 2 uses a newer version of Eclipse - so it sounds like you need to find and install a version of wtp that works with your RTC Eclipse version (3.4.2).

I hope that helps

anthony

permanent link
Jiangang Ren (61) | answered Sep 10 '09, 9:46 p.m.

Hi

RTC 2 uses a newer version of Eclipse - so it sounds like you need to find and install a version of wtp that works with your RTC Eclipse version (3.4.2).

I hope that helps

anthony

Thx~~
I'll try

permanent link
Alexander Schinko (35511812) | answered Sep 28 '09, 5:00 a.m.
When I try to install WTP 3.0.4 on RTC 2.0 I get a class cast exception within the eclipse logs, when I try to open a J2EE project. After the project is displayed as empty.

Anybody has the same problem?

Is there a recommended WTP version for RTC 2.0?

Thanks

Hi

I hope that helps

anthony

Thx~~
I'll try

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.